The Ricegrowers’ Association of Australia (RGA) is the peak body for the Australian Rice Industry, representing and advocating for the interests of 1000 voluntary rice grower members.The RGA's main objective is to provide members with strong and effective representation on issues affecting the viability of their businesses, their communities and their industry. In addition, the RGA is responsible for delivering projects and communications to growers that seek to enhance their business, industry and communities.
RICE INDUSTRY GRADUATE PROGRAM
- 12-month contract
- 2 full time positions available
- $63,000 + 10.5% Superannuation
The Ricegrowers’ Association of Australia is pleased to open applications for the Rice Industry Graduate Program for two deserving candidates in 2023-24. The role's will work closely with Industry Experts and be an active part of the team at each host organisation. This is a program developed for recent University Graduates to earn and learn about the Australian Rice Industry. The Graduate’s will be based in the rice growing regions of southern NSW undertaking placements with key organisations in the Australian Rice Industry including:
- Ricegrowers’ Association of Australia
- Rice Breeding Australia
- Rice Extension
- SunRice Limited
The RGA are offering two unique programs in 2023-24:
- Research, Development and Extension Graduate Program: Located in Rural and Regional Areas with opportunity to attend Industry Conferences.
- Agribusiness and Policy Graduate Program: Located in Regional and Metropolitan Areas with opportunity to attend Industry Conferences.
To be eligible, you’ll need to:
- have graduated with a relevant university degree* within the last three years;
- be willing to relocate for program rotations (within NSW); and
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident – please note that temporary visa holders are not eligible for this program.
*Relevant degrees include Agriculture, Science, Business and Communications, and Policy university degrees.
Download the information pack here.
RGA will assist successful applicants to find accommodation during their different placements.
You can contact the Leadership Manager Ainsley Massina to discuss the program requirements via; email [email protected] and, by phone on 0428 859 214.
Applications open in November 2023.
Email your application to [email protected]