The Ricegrowers’ Association of Australia (RGA) is the peak body for the Australian Rice Industry, representing and advocating for the interests of voluntary rice grower members. The RGA's main objective is to provide members with strong and effective representation on issues affecting the viability of their businesses, their communities and their industry. In addition, the RGA is responsible for delivering projects and communications to growers that seek to enhance their business, industry and communities.
2024 RICE INDUSTRY GRADUATE PROGRAM
- 12-month contract
- 2 full time positions available
- $63,000 + 11% Superannuation
Applications are now open for the newly launched Rice Industry Graduate Program. Led by the RGA, the program offers a unique chance for two graduates to deepen their knowledge and accelerate their careers in the Australian rice industry. Throughout the 12-month program, the graduates will be based in the rice-growing heartland of southern NSW while undertaking placements with key organisations in the Australian rice industry including:
- Ricegrowers’ Association of Australia
- Rice Breeding Australia
- Rice Extension
- SunRice Group
There are two graduate positions available:
- Research, Development and Extension Graduate: Work on relevant research and extension projects, located in rural and regional areas.
- Agribusiness and Policy Graduate: Work on current business development and policy projects, located in regional and metropolitan areas.
To be eligible, you’ll need to:
- have graduated with a relevant university degree* within the last three years;
- be willing to relocate for program rotations (within NSW); and
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident – please note that temporary visa holders are not eligible for this program.
*Relevant degrees include Agriculture, Science, Business, Communications, and Policy university degrees.
Download the information pack here.
RGA will assist successful applicants to find accommodation during regional and rural placements.
You can contact the Leadership Manager Ainsley Massina to discuss the program requirements via; email [email protected] and, by phone on 0428 859 214.
Applications close on Wednesday 6th of December 2023.
Email your application to [email protected]