The Ricegrowers’ Association of Australia (RGA) is the peak body for the Australian Rice Industry, representing and advocating for the interests of 1000 voluntary rice grower members.The RGA's main objective is to provide members with strong and effective representation on issues affecting the viability of their businesses, their communities and their industry. In addition, the RGA is responsible for delivering projects and communications to growers that seek to enhance their business, industry and communities.
6 July 2021 - LOCAL LANDCARE COORDINATOR - PART-TIME [12 MONTH MATERNITY LEAVE PLACEMENT] - Applications extended to 1pm Wednesday 21st July 2021.
The Ricegrowers’ Association of Australia (RGA) seeks the services of a Local Landcare Coordinator to work in their office in Deniliquin, NSW.
An opportunity exists for a motivated self-starter to take on the challenge of support ingcapacity building activities within the community to deliver natural resource management and sustainable agriculture outcomes. This role will be supervised by the RGA Environmental Projects Manager.
Successful candidates will address each of the following criteria:
- Sound understanding of natural resource management issues in the region and empathy with the local community.
- Demonstrated well-developed written and oral communication skills, including competence in the use of Word, Excel and communication tools including mailchimp and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and develop community groups, including group facilitation, action planning and mediation skills.
- Proven expertise in project planning, management, record keeping and report writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision, use initiative and work as part of a team or network.
- Proven ability to build partnerships with government agencies, non-government agencies, community groups and landholders, including schools and indigenous groups.
- Experience in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science, Sustainable Agriculture or similar.
- Ability and willingness to work outside office hours to contact landholders and attend community group meetings.
- Current drivers licence.
For more information on the position and how to apply download the position description here or contact Neil Bull on 0428 603 557.